Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Canning

The kids have been off-track for the last 2 1/2 weeks (with the exception of M&M who is now in middle school). Last year I canned peaches at my parents' house and they turned out to be a big hit with our family so we decided to do it again this year - and more this time. So last week we ended up spending four days at their house canning peaches and making peach jam. The kids were helpful to varying degrees and MJ cooperated most of the time. Probably our biggest help was Blondie who did a great job peeling the skin off the peaches. Luke helped with cutting up the peaches for jam and then M&M was able to come over with us on Saturday and was a big help then. It was a lot of fun but also a lot of work. I will be heading back over there again in the next couple of weeks to can some applesauce.

1 comments:

Vonae said...

I also did some canning. I did 22 jars of peaches, 22 jars of pears, 9 jars of applesauce, and a ton of strawberry jam. This year was the first for applesauce. Brianna is loving it since she can't have apples because of her braces. I'm going to have to do some more. My favorite part is seeing it all in storage!