Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Clothing Woes

Several of the kids have all of a sudden had some growth spurts.  Luke in particular all of a sudden has outgrown just about every single pair of pants that he owns.  They are all about 1-2 inches too short for him now and he looks ridiculous wearing them!  In fact, I had just bought him a new pair of pants to wear to church, he wore them once or twice and now they are also too short for him!

M&M has also grown out of several of her dresses that she wore last year and right now I am moving clothes straight from Blondie's drawers to Kitty's drawers.

Kay is just a big girl for her age (at least as far as our family is concerned).  She has skipped over most of the 2T winter clothes that we have and gone straight to the 3T clothes.  My bigger problem with Kay and clothes though is that she does not like to wear pants.  Quite often when I try to get her in pants, she will throw a fit and later on throughout the day she will take them off and run around the house in just her diaper and a shirt.  It wasn't so bad in the summertime because I had quite a few skorts that she could wear, but now it is getting colder outside and I don't have a lot of warm dresses and skirts with tights that she can wear.  She especially doesn't like to wear jeans - I think it is because she has some bigger legs than some of the other kids have had and she just can't move around as easily or as comfortably in jeans.

So today I need to try to make it to a store or two for some new clothes for Luke.  The other kids (with the exception of M&M) have enough hand-me-downs that they don't have to wear pants that are too short.  It can definitely be quite a chore trying to keep the kids well clothed!!

0 comments: