Monday, November 8, 2010

Crazy Sunday

Yesterday was kind of a crazy Sunday. I had to go to ward choir practice from 11:30-12:15 because they are getting ready for a Thanksgiving number and some Christmas songs that have a flute part that I have been asked to play. Normally I would be attending anyways, but ever since MJ was born I haven't made it. The time of the rehearsals is kind of bad for our family because church starts at 1:00 and it's hard getting home at 12:20 and trying to get everyone fed and ready to leave for church on time. Yesterday I was able to get MJ fed and down to sleep before I left and she stayed asleep until it was time to leave for church. I tried picking her up gently to see if I could keep her asleep a little while longer, but it didn't work so I ended up sending the rest of the family on to church while I stayed home to feed MJ.

While I was sitting down nursing MJ I all of a sudden remembered that Kitty was supposed to be giving a talk in junior primary that day! Usually the primary secretary gives reminder calls a day or two before Sunday, but we just had a new secretary called in our ward and she either forgot to make the calls or doesn't know that she should. So I quickly searched the diaper bag to see if I could find the sticker that had the theme on it - and of course I didn't find it and the other bag had gone with the family to church. My next step was to head down to the computer to go to the church's website to find the theme in the online version of the Friend. After finally locating the theme for November I quickly wrote up a short talk for Kitty to give and printed it out. I then left for church and pulled Kitty out of class for a few minutes to let her know that I had written a talk for her and we practiced it once there in the hallway. (Thankfully junior primary has the closing exercises...) I then went to tell DH about it, went to the last few minutes of Relief Society and the first part of Sunday School, and then showed up at the end of primary to help Kitty give the talk.

So today I am grateful that I remembered her talk before I left home. I'm not even sure what triggered that memory in my head. I was just sitting nursing MJ and thinking about it being fast Sunday when I all of a sudden remembered it. Thankfully things turned out just fine and I think Kitty was very glad that I had remembered.

1 comments:

Vonae said...

Sounds like your very busy but still a great mom! Good job. Is the primary in your ward still really big?