Monday, May 21, 2012

Kid talk

While I was getting Kay dressed for church yesterday, this was our conversation:

Kay:  "Why is it called a jumper? Is it for jumping in?"
Me:  "Maybe it's called a jumper because you can jump right into it."
Kay:  "No, because then it would get all muddy!"


This morning when Kay saw her dad for the first time since returning from his trip, I looked at him and asked Kay what she thought of his whiskers - he hadn't shaved in a couple of days.  Kay felt his face and then said, "Dad, I just love your whiskers!"


I was sorting some dirty clothes this morning and sorting them into different laundry baskets and MJ decided to use one of the baskets for her bed so she dumped all of the clothes out of it.  I kept throwing dirty clothes into and on top of her and each time she would say "ow" and then throw it out.  When I threw a couple of larger clothes items on her she thought they looked like blankets and snuggled down in the laundry basket and pulled the clothes up on herself and said, "Ni-night mommy."  She then proceeded to close her eyes and make some pretend snoring noises.  Then she would say, "Ni-night bunny."  (There is a picture of a bunny on her shirt today.)


After I had showered and gotten dressed this morning, MJ walked into my bedroom and said, "Hello pretty mommy."


I was getting Kay ready this morning before we left to the store and she put her hand on my face and said, "You have such soft skin.  I love your soft skin."

0 comments: