Saturday, February 22, 2014

Kid talk

After the elections in November, M&M's history teacher was giving out extra credit for any of his students that brought in campaign signs.  We thought it was kind of an odd request but he said that the candidates have a week to take their signs down so you are doing them a favor anyways.  Plus, they really don't reuse the signs again.  So we were keeping our eyes out for signs that might be easy to get to and not too big.  I had noticed a couple on my way to the kids' piano lessons and so I took M&M with me so we could make a quick stop on the side of the road and have her go and grab one.  When we pulled over and M&M got out and grabbed the sign and then ran back to the car she commented on the fact that she felt like a criminal going around stealing signs.  After I dropped M&M off at school later that day we were on our way home and Kay piped up from the back seat, "I want to be a criminal like Emily.  I want to steal signs."  She felt like she was missing out on some fun!

0 comments: