Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sick Blondie

I haven't been able to post much lately because Blondie has been sick for the past week. She is finally feeling better today and hopefully I can get caught up on things around the house. Thankfully no one else in our family has gotten sick yet, so we're crossing our fingers!!


Here is Kitty imitating Blondie while she is laying down on the couch feeling sick... Blondie has always been a 2-finger sucker and she has a blankie that she has to carry around the house. Kitty has never sucked fingers, thumb or a pacifier and she doesn't have a favorite "blankie". Occasionally we will find Kitty following Blondie around the house and imitating her like this...


This bottom picture is Blondie sucking her fingers at 2 months old. It just doesn't look quite as natural when Kitty does it...

2 comments:

Tricia said...

My 4 year old is still a 2 finger sucker. Any suggestions on how to stop it? My newborn is a 2 finger sucker too--she just hasn't decided which ones she wants to settle on. These pictures are adorable!

Steph said...

I haven't had to try breaking the habit yet, so I don't know if I have much advice to give on the issue. Most of the articles I could find on the web are about thumb-sucking, but I guess they can work for fingers as well. I really like the website askdrsears.com whenever I have questions about my kids. He has a list of suggestions for breaking the thumb-sucking habit. My first 2 kids were pacifier-suckers which I think is an easier habit to break.