Thursday, May 10, 2007

It's here!

Well, we finally got our sectional last Friday. Just after I wrote my blog saying that we were going to have it delivered Friday morning, we got a call from the salesman saying that they were loading it up on the truck and noticed that the sectional wasn't quite what we had ordered. The sectional that they received had a sleeper sofa which we opted not to get. Our thinking was that the family room is the last place where we would put guests that are sleeping over at our house. The price was cheaper without the sleeper since there would just be spring & cushions in place of it. The salesman wanted to know what we wanted to do. We decided to take it with the sleeper as long as they wouldn't try and charge us any more. We are also supposed to get $100 taken off the price since we had to wait so long and our 12-month no interest will get a couple of months added to it.

We were told that the delivery men would call on their way to the house, which they didn't do. They got here at about 9 a.m. and it took a lot of work to get it into our family room. There is a short flight of stairs and then a narrow doorway at the bottom of the stairs. I was actually afraid that they weren't going to be able to get it in. Thankfully after a few tries, unscrewing some legs and moving back and forth they were finally able to get it in and we have been enjoying it this past week. DH says we can have a couple of more kids now because we have room on the sectional for them. Blondie & Kitty have a hard time climbing onto it because it is quite a bit taller than our old couches.

We paid extra to get stain protection on the couch and the salesman told us that we would get the info for it from the delivery men. I asked one of the deliverymen about it and he said that we should have received a kit at the store when we purchased the sectional... The deliveryman said that I would have to go back to the store and pick one up. He said that there are usually some on the delivery truck but there weren't any that day (of course). So that night we were sitting around enjoying the sectional when Blondie decided to do a somersault on it and ended up getting a bloody nose somehow - and of course she got some blood on the couch... Luckily DH was able to get it out... (He was not too happy though.)

I went back to the store on Monday and they seemed a little hesitant to give me a kit. I think the lady behind the customer service counter went back and asked someone what she should do. She told me that she was going to go see if they had any and then when she came back she grabbed a kit from off a shelf right next to the counter (and there were at least 8-10 others there right in plain view of where she sits at the counter).

I also took one of the pillows with me when I went back because I wasn't convinced that the color was correct. Apparently this color green just looks VERY different in the store than it does in our house because the color was the same. I also asked if they could have someone come out and adjust the recliner on the chaise lounge because it does not go back easily and it doesn't stay back. There's supposed to be some way to adjust the spring tension but I can't find where the dial is you're supposed to be able to turn. I still haven't heard from the repairman...

**I just want to say that I have NOT been impressed with this store. I would not recommend Furniture Warehouse to anyone. The only time I can ever see myself going back there is if it is for something I can buy and take home with me that day. I will not take any more deliveries from them and I will never, ever do any special orders from this store again... Their customer service has been horrible, the salesman we worked with was not very good with dealing with our problem and the furniture company that they order from was horrible in communicating to our salesman that they were having problems with our order...

2 comments:

Cherylyn said...

Despite all of the problems, I think it looks GREAT!!! I am perfectly fine to sleep on the sectional if you need me to when we come for the reunion ;-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you - no further business dealings with that company-however, it does look beautiful!!!! I hope you enjoy it and that it wears well.