Sunday, May 20, 2007

Kitty talk

Even though Kitty has more than her share of temper tantrums that she can throw throughout the day, overall she is a very cute little girl who talks quite a lot for a 2 year old. Kitty has some funny expressions that she says. One thing that she does is refer to herself as "Mine's" instead of "I". Here are some examples of the funny things she says:

"Mine's sleeped well," means "I slept well".

"Mine's got toesies," means that she has bare feet.

I checked out a He-Man DVD last week just for kicks (DH & I both watched it when we were younger). While we were watching it, whenever He-Man would say, "I have the power", Kitty would say, "Mine's got the power".

I was cleaning the bathrooms the other day and Kitty had to come and help me. So I gave her a sponge to use and she helped me wipe down the counters. When I got to the toilet though, I decided I needed to find something else for her to do while I cleaned the toilet myself. So I put her up on the counter with a paper towel, sprayed the mirror with a cleaning spray and let her clean the mirrors while I was working on the toilet. While Kitty was wiping the mirror she kept saying, "Mine's can do it... all the way home." (I think she was getting that line from the "This Little Piggie" song when the littlest piggy cries, "Wee, wee, wee, all the way home".)

Every once in a while Kitty will just out of the blue say, "What the hey?!?" She got this from a Sesame Street DVD that we checked out from the library a couple of weeks ago. It sounds pretty funny hearing that come out of her mouth...

Kitty was sitting with her dad last week (I think we were watching some He-Man episodes) and she looked down at his feet and said, "You've got toesies woesies!"

Kitty is very concerned about other people. Whenever she hears someone crying or coughing or something similar, she'll go over to them, put her hand on their shoulder and ask, "You okay?"

I took Kitty to get her pictures taken a couple of weeks ago since she just turned two. After we were finished with the photo shoot we went out to the computers to look at the pictures and decide which ones I wanted. When the photographer pulled up the first picture on the computer I asked Kitty who it was. She said, "That's Kitty." Then when he switched to the next picture I asked her again who it was and she responded, "That's Janey." The photographer started to laugh because he thought that she thought the picture was of someone else whose name was Janey. I had to explain to him that Jane is her middle name and I call her Janey a lot so she will sometimes call herself Kitty and other times will call herself Janey. It's actually kind of funny because she uses the names interchangeably. I'm sure it will start to confuse some people when she gets a little older.

0 comments: