Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Typo...

I am still laughing over my last post about playing crochet in the yard. While my family are sticklers for the rules while playing games, I am a huge stickler for noticing typos. I seriously think I should have been an editor for a profession. I am always noticing typos wherever I look. One of my favorites recently was a wedding invitation that my parents received. There were 3 typos on it! My favorite one was at the bottom where it said they were registered at Maceys which is a grocery store. I think that they meant to put Macy's, which is how you spell the department store.

My husband loves to tell the story of how when he was working on his thesis for his master's degree he would ask me to read through it to see if it made sense to me. My problem was that if there were any misspelled words or punctuation in the wrong spot, I had to have it corrected before I could read through the paper and concentrate on the content...

0 comments: