Tuesday, May 26, 2009

R.I.P.

I have had quite a few things bite the dust recently and I have been feeling the effects. The first casualty was my electric hand mixer that DH and I got for our wedding. I never realized how often I used it until it broke on me. The gear wheels are stripped and I don't think it is fixable. It is a WestBend brand and has lasted us almost 13 years! It has been a really useful tool in the kitchen and I sorely miss it. I do have the nice big Bosch kitchen mixer now, but I don't like pulling it out for little jobs and there is only one bowl that I have to go with it so it's hard when I need it for multiple things.

The second casualty was my glass measuring cup. I can't remember if I got that for our wedding or if I received it later, but a couple of weeks ago I was working in the kitchen, holding Baby K and she grabbed for it and knocked it on the floor. It shattered and made a mess everywhere - I hate it when glass breaks! I miss that for measuring just about everything! I do have a couple of other measuring cups, but they are not quite as handy as that one was.

My last casualty is a pair of sandals that I have had for longer than I care to admit. They have been on their last leg for several years now but I have had an incredibly hard time finding a suitable replacement for them. A couple of weeks ago I finally found a replacement pair that I think I can live with, but I'm still having a hard time actually throwing the old sandals away. They have been so comfortable and useful that I hate to see them go! (I think I bought them when we lived down in Provo, so it has been way too long!!)

2 comments:

Kami said...

Steph I love your new sandals, where did you get them?

Steph said...

I got them at Smiths Marketplace (which used to be Fred Meyers - same store, different name). There was also a similar pair at Sears that I was deciding between.