Saturday, February 5, 2011

Kid talk

Last night I was making a new dish for dinner, Creamy Chicken Taquitos, and Luke was asking me what was in it. I told him that it had chicken in it and he asked me what kind of chicken:

Me: "I'm not sure what you're asking. It's just chicken chicken."
Luke: "Well, what I mean is, is it laminated or something?"
Me: "Laminated chicken??"
Luke: "Yeah, when you put seasonings on it and let it sit in it."
Me: "Ummm, I think you mean marinated."


A week or so ago I was talking with Luke while I was making dinner and he mentioned that his teacher was telling them that he was alive when President Thomas Jefferson died. Hmmm, when Jefferson died huh? That would be one old teacher! (I think we decided that he misremembered the specific president and that it was really President John F. Kennedy.)

0 comments: