Monday, March 28, 2011

Wal-Mart Woes

A couple of weeks ago I had reaffirmed to me why I don't like shopping at Super Wal-Mart stores... (Although I don't mind the Neighborhood Wal-Mart that is down the street from me.) I didn't have a lot to buy there and all of the checkout lines with cashiers at them were pretty long with people buying lots of things so I decided to go to the self-checkout line which was much shorter. I waited for a few minutes for one of the stands to free up and then I went up there with my cart. Once I had scanned everything and then paid with credit card, no receipt printed out. I told the clerk that was overseeing the checkout stands and so she came over and tried to do a reprint of the receipt and still nothing happened. That meant one of two things - either the machine was out of paper or the paper was jammed. The clerk said that we would have to wait for a Customer Service Manager (CSM) to come over and unlock the machine because they are the only ones with a key - and that day there was only one CSM at the whole store. So she called the CSM over but she was busy with several other things/people and told us that we would have to wait for a few minutes. It was at least 5 minutes before she came back to help and once she unjammed the paper and then tried to print the last receipt and nothing printed out. Apparently the clerk who tried printing me a receipt before did something wrong and so there was no way to print me out a new receipt. The CSM handed me the crumpled up receipt that had been jammed in the machine and said, "Here this is the only thing I can give you. My name is ____ if you have any problems. That's Wal-Mart for you." Gee thanks...

0 comments: