Thursday, May 5, 2011

Easter 2011

I worked on the Easter dresses/skirts in the car a little on the drive home from St. George. M&M's skirt I ended up sewing all before church on Sunday. (Her skirt has little polka dots on it - it's hard to see that in the picture.) I also made some last minute alterations to MJ's dress and finished the elastic and hem on Kay's dress and Kitty's skirt. I did things a little differently this year and decided to try working with a basic dress and skirt pattern and then altered it to how I wanted it to look.

It was quite a crazy Saturday night/Sunday morning! Especially with all the unpacking and cleaning up we had to do after we got home Saturday night!

No that's not a sunburn on MJ! She was just flushed from having just woken up and finished nursing.

We did Easter baskets after church (since we meet at 9 a.m.) and then went over to my parents' house for Easter dinner and an Easter egg hunt in their backyard.
Luke got a gun in his basket that "shoots" bubbles.

The one thing that we didn't get to do this year for Easter was to dye hard-boiled eggs. The kids were kind of bummed about not doing it and they were even bugging me about it after Easter, but we ended up not getting to them. For some reason, taking a trip with 6 young kids and then having Easter immediately following it has taken a lot out of me. Imagine that! ;)

0 comments: