Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Trip to the Park

One of the things that we were able to do while DH was out of town last weekend was walk to our neighborhood park. While we were eating dinner we were trying to decide what to do for the evening. We had talked about getting a movie at RedBox, but there really wasn't anything there that we all wanted to see. Finally I thought for a minute and suggested a quick trip to the park. The kids all jumped on that idea so we got dinner cleaned up and got shoes on everyone and headed off down the street.

I could tell from the comments & questions of the kids that we probably don't take them there enough. It's a really nice park and it even has a huge open field area so it is great for playing sports or flying a kite as well as having a great playground for kids. The only thing that it doesn't have are swings. The park is just 4-5 blocks down the street from us - easily within walking distance. As we were walking there after dinner on Saturday the kids kept asking, "How do we get to the park?", "Where is it?", "What do they have at the park?", "I don't think Kay has ever been there." - Which is so not true! I don't think she has been there since she learned how to walk, but she has definitely been there!

Now I hope none of you think that I never take the kids to the park! During soccer season they play at a park at least 1-2 times a week. There are playgrounds nearby at all of the soccer fields and at most of the fields where the kids have soccer practices.

The kids had a great time and it helped them to burn off some of their energy! Plus Saturday was the only nice weather day that we had all week long last week!

I had a hard time getting a good picture of Kay because she had a hard time standing still and when she would she look at me for a brief second and then look away as she said, "Cheese!"


This picture cracks me up! I love seeing Blondie trying to get into the picture! It's also funny because every time I was near Kitty, she would stop and pose for a picture. Right after I took this picture I told her to watch out because I could see that Kay was not waiting for her to get off the bottom of the slide. Unfortunately Kitty wasn't quick enough as you can tell from the next picture!



Our neighborhood park even has a little kid area with little play areas and crawling tunnels. Kay had lot of fun over there and MJ enjoyed herself too once I put her shoes on and took her over there to play with Kay.

MJ loved going down the slide!

MJ fell asleep on the way home and stayed asleep for a couple of hours! Long enough for me to bathe the three middle girls and finish mowing the back lawn.

1 comments:

Vonae said...

Sounds like you all had a good time at the park. I'm glad that MJ slept for you. I love it when something like that works out.