Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fathers & Sons campout + Girls night in

DH was finally able to take Luke on the Fathers & Sons campout this year! Usually it conflicts with the Reach the Beach bike ride, but this year amazingly it didn't. So DH and Luke were able to go and have some fun at that while the girls and I stayed home and did some girl things. We ate pizza and breadsticks for dinner and then watched Barbie and the Three Musketeers. After that we painted toenails and fingernails. The younger girls especially enjoyed that part! I'm usually not the type of mom (or girl) who gets into stuff like this, but it's fun every once in a while to do something different for the girls. It was funny putting the nail polish on MJ's toenails. They are so tiny! At one point DH sent me a text message telling me that Luke was disappointed that our ward didn't even have a campfire so they couldn't make s'mores (which was one thing he was really looking forward to). We had just finished painting our nails so I took a picture of Kay's fingernails and toenails and then sent it to DH over his phone and included a message that said something like this, "Tell Luke that he could have stayed home and done this instead!"

I love this picture! I'm glad we were able to get one that turned out with everyone's foot/feet in it!
Luke playing football with some friends at the campgrounds.

0 comments: