Monday, November 16, 2015

MJ talk

The night before Easter the kids all pick which Easter basket they are going to use for that year. There is one basket that is quite a bit smaller than the other ones that usually the youngest in the family has used - but we have enough that no one has to use that one. MJ (who was 4 at the time) explained to me why she wasn't picking the little basket this year, "When I was 3 I had to have the little basket, but then I grew up and now I get to choose my basket!"

When I was getting the girls dressed in their Easter dresses I wanted the younger two to wear slips with their dresses, but the ones that they have weren't going to work so I borrowed some half slips from the older girls. I had one on MJ and was trying to put a safety pin in it to cinch up the waist so that it wouldn't fall off of her. She was scared while I was doing it so I said, "I don't think that safety pin is very sharp." To which she responded, "But it's sharp to me!"

One day we were saying a morning family prayer and instead of MJ naming everyone who was going to be leaving and asking them to come home safely she said, "Bless those 6 that they can come home safe." I'm not sure how/when she figured out that there were going to be 6 people leaving!!

0 comments: