Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Cute sayings

My parents have a great view of the city from their porch in the back of their house. One evening we were over there and the stars were starting to come out so my parents got out their telescope. At the time you could see one of the planets with its 4 moons around it when you looked through the telescope. When Luke looked out towards the city and saw all of the lights he said, "Do you know what that is? It's New York City!"

One of our neighbors works for the Pepsi company and quite often gets free products or promo items from the company for displays. One day his wife brought over some helium balloons for our kids. They were playing outside at the time and I wanted them to take the balloons inside, but they insisted on me tying them to their arms so they could play with them outside. The next thing I knew I heard Blondie starting to cry and looked up and saw that during their playing & running around, Blondie's ribbon that was attached to the balloon had caught on Luke's ribbon and hers broke and the balloon went flying up into the sky. I had to explain to her that we couldn't get it back and she was quite upset. A little while later she came to me and said, "Mom, I wish Dad had a helicopter..." (so he could get her balloon back!)

When DH was working on the brick path for the garden, occasionally the kids would come out to try and help too. One day Blondie was outside with us and was helping to carry some bricks. At one point she said to us as she was walking past, "Watch out for muscle woman!"

One day I was trying to get Blondie to put away some toys that were hers. I asked her if she could please take them and put them away downstairs, but she was not being very willing. Kitty was in the room at the time and came up to me and said, "I can do it. I'm nice!"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids say the darnest things! Great memories!