Friday, October 26, 2007

Pregnancy update - Week 16

I had my midwife appointment on Wednesday and we were able to hear the heartbeat!

I have also started exploding this past week and can no longer comfortably fit into "normal" clothes. So I've had to break out the maternity clothes which is a sad thing because unfortunately, most of them are huge and the pants practically fall off of me. Speaking of maternity clothes, does anyone know a good place to buy petite sizes in maternity pants? I have been to numerous stores trying to find some new maternity pants for myself and the pants are all about a foot too long for me - no joke. Why is it that the makers of maternity clothes think that once women are pregnant, they are all the same height (and really tall apparently)? And I don't even consider myself particularly short - I'm 5' 5" - which is pretty close to average height for women. So, any help in finding some "average" size pants would be greatly appreciated!

1 comments:

Vonae said...

I hate maternity clothes in the beginning of the pregnancy. With Lauren I really wanted to have some pants that didn't really look like maternity pants. I went to Motherhood and Mom and I were able to find some pants that I loved. I'm shorter then you and they seemed to be just right for me so you might have the opposite problem. :) J/K Have you tried Motherhood?