Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Luke's turn!

On Friday, September 28, Luke received the Principal's Pride Award for "participating in all classroom discussions". That's a nice way of saying that Luke likes to talk!

I try & help out in Luke's classroom 2-3 times a month and I had just been in on Wednesday to help. One of the mom's of a kid in Luke's class had just had a baby and the teacher had him tell the class about it. Then she had the kids come up to the front of the classroom who had show & tell for that day. Luke was one of them & he had brought his soccer uniform to show the class. After he showed his uniform & told the class a little about his team he said, "Oh, and my mom's pregnant." I was standing just off to the side waiting for the teacher to give me some work to do and all the kids turned to look at me. After the kids were sent off to do class work Mrs. Bray came up to me and told me why Luke was getting Principal's Pride Award. We both had a good laugh about that! We had just told M&M & Luke a few days earlier that I was pregnant and I guess hearing that another mom had had a baby made Luke remember our news... Mrs. Bray asked if I was okay with Luke announcing that and I told her that we wouldn't have told Luke if we weren't ready to share the news yet :) We both them commented on how different he is personality wise from M&M (she is definitely not a talker at school).

M&M & Luke have both announced the news to their primary classes - so I imagine we will start having people ask us about it soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kyle!

Vonae said...

He is a great talker. I always loved teaching kids in primary because kids always say thins about their family's that otherwise you wouldn't know.