Friday, October 26, 2007

Swim lessons

M&M, Luke & Blondie took swim lessons during the three weeks that the kids were off track. It's nice doing them during the off-track times because the classes don't fill up as quickly and they're usually smaller. M&M & Luke were in the same class this time and there was only one other kid in the class with them. M&M did a great job & I really saw her progressing a lot with each class. I think she feels pretty confident in the water now. Luke had a little bit of a struggle in the class & will have to retake the level again next time (this was M&M's second time in the level). I think it was nice for them to have each other in the class though.

Blondie was in the beginners class for 3-5 year olds and there were 3 other kids in her class. This was Blondie's first time taking lessons and I was a little unsure how she would do. She is not the type of child who likes to try new things and it takes her a while to warm up to new people and situations. On the first day of classes I wasn't sure if she would even get in the water. After some coaxing by me and the teacher she finally got in and enjoyed herself for the most part. Each day was a little bit of a struggle just getting her in, but once she was in she usually had fun. She's still not too crazy about blowing bubbles & putting her face in the water, but I think she feels more comfortable in the water now.

I was glad that I was able to get the kids in lessons at the same time so we only had to be at the pool for one session. Kitty would have loved to take lessons as well but she has to wait until she turns 3. I think she could be a natural at it - she loves to just jump right in the water and has no fears.

0 comments: