Monday, March 3, 2008

Growing kids

It definitely seems like kids grow in huge spurts. I feel like I have been buying the same size clothes for M&M for about 2 years straight and then all of a sudden all of her clothes are too small for her. I have been noticing her pants getting shorter over the past few months and have been slowly replacing them here and there. I have the kids pick out clothes for school the night before so we can minimize the noise & commotion in the mornings and one evening last week I found M&M in tears in her room. She asked me if I had done any laundry that day and I told her that I hadn't. Then she starts telling me that she had nothing to wear because all of her shirts are too small. I got a little frustrated at this because she has a closet & 2 dresser drawers FULL of clothes. She proceeded to tell me that none of them fit or she doesn't like them... She finally found something to wear and I told her that the next day when she got home from school she had to go through all of her clothes and take out the ones that she doesn't wear so that I can see what she needs the most of. It was a long process but over the next 2 days she managed to clean out her closet & drawers and I now have a huge pile of clothes that I need to do something with (either save for Blondie or give away). I made a stop at the D.I. one day last week and found several shirts and a couple pairs of jeans for her and then on Saturday we went to Kohl's and bought a bunch of shirts on clearance for $3-4 a piece. Now her problem last night was deciding which of her new clothes to wear because she had so many to choose from...

Luckily Luke has a good supply of clothes because someone in our ward gave me some clothes that her son had grown out of & then Blondie & Kitty have hand-me-downs (and they love it when I get them out because it's like a whole new wardrobe for them). So for the moment we are set on clothes - at least until shorts weather comes...

0 comments: