Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Sunday, March 16th, was my birthday - I turned 32. This was an interesting birthday because it was on a Sunday first of all and we had Stake Conference - which is good and bad. Our stake holds 2 sessions of conference to accommodate everyone and our ward was assigned to the afternoon session which started at 1 p.m. So we got to sleep in, but then we had to deal with 4 active, noisy kids for 2 hours... It's also hard having a birthday when you're in your last month of pregnancy. I don't want any new maternity clothes at this point and I'm not sure what size I'll be able to fit into after the baby. My parents & DH's parents both gave me some money that I will definitely be using for new clothes after the baby comes. The kids surprised me with some presents that my mom had helped them pick out and wrap. DH gave me a couple of Jane Austen movies & Little Women. My visiting teachers brought over some flowers for me yesterday as well.

DH & I went out to dinner on Friday night (since Saturday we had Stake Conference & my birthday was on Sunday). My parents & sister came over to watch the kids. We went down to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building on Temple Square and ate at The Roof Restaurant. It is a buffet style restaurant with a flat fee per person. We had a beautiful view overlooking the temple and the food was excellent. (It was quite expensive though, almost $90 total for the two of us.) I ate somewhat slowly so that I wouldn't fill up so quickly - we ended up being at the restaurant for almost 2 hours! I think that's the longest we've ever taken on a meal with just the two of us. By the time we got home (around 9:30) my family had started into the cake already that my mom had brought over (it was fine though & DH & I were too stuffed from dinner to eat any cake at that point anyways). My brother & his wife were there as well. They stayed with us Friday night (my brother was in town for some choir performances for the BYU-I choir he sings in).

0 comments: