Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pregnancy update - 37 Weeks!

I am officially 37 weeks today (if due dates are at all accurate) and can now give birth at home with my midwife. 37 weeks is that "magic" date where all of a sudden the baby can most likely survive at birth without any breathing complications. One book I was reading recently said that the baby is usually full-term by 35 weeks but the medical community adds 2 more weeks to that to compensate for due dates possibly being off.

So, I've decided to put a poll on the website to see what everyone thinks we are having, so please vote (and please only once per person). I will give you a little info on the pregnancy and previous pregnancies to see if it influences your answer at all. This is the first pregnancy I have had where I haven't thrown up at all. I was the most sick with M&M, second most sick with Blondie, third with Kitty and with Luke I was only sick for about a week. We found out the gender of babies one & two (M&M & Luke), but before the ultrasound my guesses were boy for both. With Blondie I was pretty confident that she was a girl and I was pretty confident that Kitty was a boy. :) So, I have been about 50/50 for my guesses so far. I must say though that with M&M's pregnancy, since it was my first, I didn't really have anything to compare the pregnancy to & DH really wanted a boy first. So I think it may have just been wishful thinking more than anything else that I thought M&M was a boy. Kitty's pregnancy was just different from the rest of them & we were very much surprised when I found out that I was pregnant. I didn't really have a lot of "morning sickness", but I did start out the pregnancy with severe back & neck pain which laid me up for a couple of weeks - to the point that I finally went into the doctor to get checked over and felt like I should take a pregnancy test to rule that out. They gave me some prescription pain medications & the next day I got a phone call saying, "Congratulations! You're pregnant!" That quickly put a stop to me taking the prescription pain medications...

So, good luck on the voting! If you have any questions you want to ask me before you vote, feel free.

0 comments: