Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Temple progress!

It is exciting living in the Salt Lake valley where we can watch the progress of two temples being built! I have been meaning for some time now to take pictures of the Oquirrh Mountain & Draper temples under construction so that I can post them, but whenever I am driving past it is either too dark for pictures or I don't have my camera with me. The Oquirrh Mountain Temple is just a few minutes from our house and we see it a couple of times a week - DH passes it every day to & from work. The Draper Temple we see whenever we drive to my parents' house. It's fun to point them out to the kids and watch as the construction moves along. The picture of the Draper Temple was taken on March 9 and the Oquirrh Mountain pictures were taken today. The latest we've heard is that the Draper Temple will be completed towards the end of this year and then the Oquirrh Mountain Temple will be finished the first part of 2009.

Draper Temple


Oquirrh Mountain Temple


Another picture of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. You can see the top of the steeple on the ground in front of the temple.

0 comments: