Monday, March 3, 2008

Sunday hair

Saturday evening after I had bathed Blondie & Kitty I thought, why don't I put Blondie's hair in curlers tonight and see how it turns out. I have some of the sponge curlers that wrap around the hair that I bought when M&M was younger and I had never used them on Blondie yet. (I remember having this done to my hair when I was little and the worst part about it was having to sleep on the curlers all through the night. They are not the most comfortable things to sleep on.) So I asked Blondie if she wanted to have curly hair and wear curlers to bed and she said yes. I think she thought that I was going to curl it with my curling iron at first because she kept trying to go into my bathroom to wait for me.

After I started putting Blondie's hair up in curlers I started getting a little concerned that Kitty would want the same thing done to her hair and I didn't have enough curlers to do both of them. So I tried to use as few on Blondie as I could but with each curler that I took away from Kitty (she was sitting on the couch next to me holding them all), the more concerned she got as well. I ended up with just 2 left and Kitty was in absolute tears (remember she is only 2 years old)... DH was trying to convince her to just get braids in her hair but I managed to have her come to me and I put the remaining 2 curlers on the top of her head. Blondie thought that the curlers were hilarious in her hair and kept going into the bathroom to look at them in the mirror and she kept shaking her head back and forth. Kitty was very happy to have the 2 in her hair that she had so it worked out alright in the end (I guess I will have to buy some more at the store before I do it again - I'm not sure how Kitty would like sleeping on them though).

When I took the curlers out of Blondie's hair the next morning she said that she looked like someone else. The part of Kitty's hair that I curled I put into a ponytail that hung off the side of her head. These 2 girls have some of the straightest hair that I have ever seen so having it in curls was very cute and very different for both of them. Blondie absolutely loved her hair and Kitty loved her "tail" (that's what she calls a ponytail). Blondie couldn't stop grinning all day when she thought about her hair and would walk around shaking her head back and forth. This is how their hair turned out Sunday morning:

0 comments: