Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Country report

For M&M's end of the year school project, she had to choose a country and do a report on it. The written report had to be 6-10 typed pages and then she needed to do a poster and give an oral report. She chose the country of Spain because DH served a mission there. Unfortunately, the report was due the day after Memorial Day so she was working on it almost non-stop while DH's parents were here. M&M hasn't had to do such an involved report before and I think she was caught a little off-guard as to how much time the whole project was going to take. She was able to use quite a few pictures from DH's mission which was kind of fun.

As a parent I feel that it is important for my kids to do all of the work on their own. So whenever there is a project to be done, I make sure that the majority of the work and ideas are their own and I will help out and offer input if needed. M&M put a lot of hard work into her report and I think she did a great job!

Here is her hand-drawn map and flag:

1 comments:

Dan said...

6-10 pages typed? Wow, I don't remember ever having a paper that long for elementary school. Looks like she did a great job though.