Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Garden update - 6/23/10

I went out to check on the garden last week and noticed that the lettuce really needed to be thinned so I pulled some of the sprouts and brought them in to use in a salad. I planted a mixed variety of lettuce seeds and it is fun to see what is coming up. This is my first time ever growing lettuce and I am excited at how it is growing so far! I now have onions, carrots and green beans that have sprouted and I did a ton of weeding and planted some more corn and cantaloupe. Cantaloupe is the only thing that I have not seen sprout so far. I'm also excited that there are flowers on my tomato plants already and the cherry tomato plant has some tomatoes on it!

1 comments:

Vonae said...

Sounds like all the hard work is starting to pay off. Enjoy!