Saturday, August 21, 2010

Delirious

Apparently I am suffering from a lack of sleep. Surprised??? One morning just over a week ago I had one of the most vivid dreams that I have ever had. It took me a couple of minutes to really convince myself that it hadn't really happened. This is how it went:

That morning Luke and Blondie were up getting ready for school and were being very noisy. Kitty was also up with them. I was in bed with the baby trying to get a few extra minutes of sleep and DH was getting ready for work. M&M and Kay were also still sleeping. DH and I both told them to be quiet and they listened for a few minutes. Then after DH left for work, I could hear them getting noisy again down in the family room. So I went downstairs and told them that they had to turn off the Wii and finish getting ready for school. I then went back to bed and I drifted off to sleep again. When I woke up I remembered that I was really mad at Luke and Blondie because they had missed the bus again because of all of their goofing off that morning. I had gotten up out of bed and told them to start walking to school and I would be along in about 10 minutes in the car to pick them up and drive them the rest of the way to school.

Well, now it was after 9:00 (school starts at 9) and I couldn't remember if Luke and Blondie had really missed the bus or if that was just a dream that I had had. I sat there for a few minutes really wondering if I had sent my kids off walking to school. I went into the next room where Kitty was playing and asked her if Luke and Blondie had missed the bus. She was a little confused by the question and finally answered that no, they had not missed the bus. Then when I thought a little longer I remembered hearing the kids leave for the bus stop because I was a little annoyed that we hadn't said a family prayer together before they left. That was definitely a weird experience for me...

1 comments:

Dan said...

I've had a few instances where I told Kami about something that happened to me when I was younger, and then I thought about it for a minute and said "you know, I'm not sure if that actually happened or if I dreamt or imagined it." Funny how our brains can mix things up like that.