Monday, August 9, 2010

Productive day... finally!

My biggest problem lately is being able to get anything done during the day. MJ (who is 3 weeks old today) just seems to want to eat all of the time and she startles very easily - which means that I very rarely am able to put her down and have her stay asleep. Lately I have taken to carrying her around in a sling so that I can at least get something done while she is sleeping.

Today I was actually able to get a few things done besides feeding and holding MJ all day. MJ slept for 5 hours straight last night, I made a lunch for DH before he left for work, I showered before the kids left for school this morning (at 8:30 a.m.), Kay and MJ both took naps at the same time, I was able to put MJ down and have her stay asleep for about an hour, I cleaned two bathrooms, took out some trash, and was able to tidy up the kitchen a little. Also today, M&M swept and mopped the kitchen and then she baked some awesome chocolate chip cookies without any help from me! It's nice having her at home to help out. I will be sad when she starts school at the end of the month.

1 comments:

Vonae said...

I love those days when I can look back and say hey I did get something done today. I'm glad that you had one of those!