Tuesday, September 20, 2011

There's nothing like...

... having a sick kid to force you to change your plans for the day...

At about 2:00 this morning I work up to the sound of someone crying/screaming hysterically. As soon as it registered in my brain that it was one of the kids making that noise I stumbled out of bed and opened the door to the hallway just in time to see Blondie there throwing up all over the carpet! I told her to get into the bathroom (which she was standing right next to) and throw up in the toilet. So she went into the bathroom and proceeded to throw up some more in the toilet. In the meantime all of the commotion woke up MJ, so I went to get her and then I tried to head downstairs to get a bowl for Blondie and encountered some more throw-up on the stairs. I asked her if she threw up on the stairs too and she said, "No, I don't think so." So I'm not sure how awake Blondie was while all of this was happening, but there was a mess everywhere and all MJ wanted was for me to feed her and then go back to bed. So I handed Blondie the bowl and asked her how she was feeling. She responded that she felt better so I sent her back to bed. After I got MJ back to bed I was finally able to start cleaning up the carpet and thought I did a pretty decent job before I headed back to bed myself.Then when I saw the carpet in the morning, it didn't look like I had cleaned anything up! I kept Blondie home from school as a precaution - even though she looks and acts fine and has been able to eat breakfast and lunch today without any problems. I was hoping to get to the grocery store today, but that will have to wait. I have had to spend the whole morning cleaning the carpet in the hallway and on the stairs (all 7 of them were hit). I also found that it was all on the wall too so I had Blondie grab a sponge and clean that up for me. Right now I have fans trying to dry the carpet before the rest of the kids get home, but it still doesn't look quite right in a couple of places so I might have to have at it again...

Now I'm just hoping that it doesn't spread to anyone else in the family...

0 comments: