Saturday, December 8, 2012

Kay talk

Kay was full of cute sayings the other day!  Here are some of the things that I wrote down that she said:

I had to get the kids up early the other day because Kitty was receiving Principal's Pride before school and I needed to take the little girls with me.  After I woke Kay up, she stumbled into my room and said, "Mom, my eyes won't stay open."

After our visit to the school I ran a few errands with the little girls.  We pulled up to Target and parked and Kay said, "This is the perfect place to get something for Christmas!"

While in Target I had Kay help pick something out to give to MJ for Christmas (for our sibling gift exchange).  Kay saw some My Little Ponies that she really liked and saw one that she wanted to get for herself.  I told her that we needed to pick something out for MJ and so we decided on something to get her and put the other My Little Pony back.  Kay was quite devastated and asked, "Well, who's going to buy me something for Christmas?"  I told her that one of her siblings would buy her something for Christmas but we didn't know who because it was a secret.  So she said, "I know.  Maybe my friend Olive will buy me a present!"  (One of the women that I visit teach has a daughter who is a year older than her, but Kay just loves her even though she really only plays with her when I go visiting teaching.)

Then on our way home from Target we passed a McDonald's and Kay said, "McDonald's is waiting for us to get some fries."  (Her not-so-subtle attempt to get me to stop there for lunch!)

After lunch (which was homemade, not McDonald's) we were downstairs and Kay said that she had an itch on her back so I went over to her and scratched her back for her.  While I was doing that she said, "Ahhh, that feels good."

Later in the day I snuck up behind Kay and scared her and she said, "Hey Mom, I didn't want to be teased.  It bothers me."

0 comments: