Monday, December 10, 2012

Kid talk

This afternoon MJ climbed up on one of the kitchen stools and saw a piece to the Cootie game there and said, "Hey, what's this doing here?"

This morning while MJ was sitting at the table eating breakfast she started singing out the letter 'I' over and over several times and then she would say the letter 'X' and then go back to 'I' again.  I looked over her and realized that she was looking at our clock on the wall that has Roman numerals on it and she was reading the letters on it!

Yesterday during Primary the nursery leaders had me come in and get MJ because they thought she was acting like she was not feeling well.  So I took her with me back to the primary room and went up to the front of the room to start the Junior Primary opening exercises.  Kay's class sits on the front row and when she saw me with MJ she turned to her neighbor and said, "That's my baby sister MJ.  Isn't she adorable?"

We have a Christmas countdown for each member of our family that has a chocolate candy that they can eat each day until Christmas.  MJ loves these and calls them 'candy canes' for some reason.  Today after lunch she asked me for a chocolate from it and I took hers off for today and handed it to her and she responded with, "Thank you. You're the best!"


I'm doing some laundry today and our washing machine just finished.  Our washing machine and dryer both play a little music tune to indicate that they are done and MJ just heard it and called to me, "The driver's done Mom!"

0 comments: