Monday, December 17, 2012

Mystery solved

For the last week or so someone has been putting MJ's shoes away in the closet of Kitty and Kay's bedroom.  I have been quite puzzled as to who it could be that was doing it, but today I solved the mystery.

I took the little girls with me grocery shopping this morning.  When we got home it was lunchtime so once I had brought all of the groceries into the house I asked the girls what they wanted for lunch.  MJ climbed up into her highchair and I went over to her and asked if I could take her jacket off.  She said "yes" and then she climbed out of her chair so that I could take it off.  Then she sat down and took off her shoes as well and put them down on the chair next to her highchair.  While she was taking off her shoes she started singing a song, "It's such a good feeling, a very good feeling, a feeling to know that I'll be back when the day is through.  And I'll have more ideas for you.  And you'll have things you'll want to talk about.  I will too."  I was amazed listening to her sing all of the words to this song!  (This was a song from Mister Roger's Neighborhood which now has an animated version that just started fall on PBS called Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood and has some of the same songs and a similar theme.)

I moved over to pick up the shoes off of the chair to put them on the floor and MJ quickly grabbed them from me and then picked up her jacket and walked up the stairs with them.  I just followed her enough to see where she was going - and she put her shoes away in the closet in Kitty and Kay's bedroom!

0 comments: