Monday, December 10, 2012

Sleeping woes

These pictures have all been taken over the last month.  Ever since we moved MJ out of her crib, she has had a hard time taking naps.  Usually after lunch I will try and lay down with her or put a movie on and try and get her to fall asleep in my lap on the couch, but unfortunately no matter how much effort I put into it, it usually does not work.  She is usually still bouncing off of the walls and will not sit still.  So quite often by late afternoon/evening time she has hit her limit and will fall asleep wherever her head hits.  And we usually don't notice that it has happened until we find her somewhere asleep.  MJ is also having a hard time at bedtime and feels the need to "cuddle" with someone until she falls asleep.  Sometimes I will take the time to lay down with her until her constant moving around drives me crazy and I leave the room (or she actually does manage to fall asleep).  Other times when I don't lay down with her sometimes she will climb in the top bunk with Blondie - and usually Blondie doesn't mind.  Sometimes Blondie will read books to MJ until she falls asleep.  Other times we have found them both asleep in the bed and will move MJ down to the lower bunk so she doesn't fall off (or push Blondie off).  There have also been several times where I have been gone in the evening and MJ will climb up on her dad's lap and fall asleep there.  Some nights when DH and I go up to bed we will find her asleep in her doorway - with her pillow and a blanket wrapped around her.  Hopefully one of these days she will actually have a normal sleep schedule!!


This is one of my favorites - asleep on the hard kitchen tile with a hat, two different mittens and a blanket wrapped around her.  This was one of the Saturdays where I was gone for part of the day and DH came upstairs from his office and found her like this!






0 comments: