Friday, February 15, 2013

Bird sitting

While my parents were out of town for a week I offered to watch their bird (a parakeet) for them at our house.  So they brought Bluebell over on Luke's birthday and then took it back home when they came back last Sunday.  MJ would not leave that poor bird alone and we finally put some twist ties on all of the openings so that she couldn't open the cage and stick her hand or toys inside of it anymore.  After that things went a little more smoothly.  It was fun watching the bird do all kinds of acrobatics in its cage and listen to it sing.  It took Bluebell a few days to finally relax here but then she seemed to be back to her normal self.  The kids, especially Kay, were bummed when Bluebell had to go back home. When I was getting ready to leave for the airport to pick up my parents, Kay came out of her room and asked if I would cuddle with her in bed.  I told her that I had to go pick up Grandma and Grandpa at the airport and when she found out that they were going to take Bluebell back home with them she asked, "You mean Bluebell doesn't get to stay here forever?"  She is my child that would love to have any kind of pet and is constantly asking if we can get a cat or a dog!

0 comments: