Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sewing projects

While the kids were off track for 2 1/2 weeks after Christmas, I took the girls to the fabric store to pick out some fabric so that I could make them some little storage bags for some of their things.  It is such a chore for me to pull out my sewing stuff and then put it right back away over and over again that I have been really dragging my feet to get to work on those projects.  Then my nephew's birthday came up and I thought that one of those bags would make a great gift for a 3 year old so I found some scrap fabric that I had and then went to work on it.  I had some basic instructions to follow, but I wanted to make the bag reversible so I had to adjust the way I did it a little.  I was pretty pleased with the finished product and then it took me a little while to pull everything out again to work on ones for my girls.  I have now finished a bag for MJ and Kay, but still need to work on some for the older girls.  Here are pictures of the ones that I have made so far:

Bag for my nephew


Kay's bag


MJ's bag - She calls it her Rainbow Dash bag (there is a My Little Pony whose name is Ranibow Dash). 

0 comments: