Saturday, February 9, 2013

Kid talk

There's a game that I like to play periodically on my ipad, especially when I'm sitting with the kids while they are watching a kids show.  These are some comments that Kay has made to me while watching me play the game:

"You only have one star? That's pretty weak."  (It's a game where there are different levels and you can get up to three stars on each level based on how high your score is.)

"Why do you always play that serious game?"



The other day I asked Kay and MJ if they wanted to watch a movie while I took a shower.  Kay then asked me as we were walking downstairs, "Can you help me find the perfect movie?"  MJ heard her question and quickly responded, "Sure!"


Around 7 a.m. this morning I woke up to MJ yelling in her room.  It took me a minute to figure out what she was yelling about, but apparently she woke up and only had one sock on and she was not happy about it.  She was yelling something like, "Where's my sock?  No, blanket!  Give me back my sock!"  I also heard her yelling at Blondie that she didn't want Blondie's help.  When I realized that she wouldn't settle down until she got her sock back on, I stumbled out of bed and into her room.  She was sitting up in her bed, very upset.  I felt around in her bed until I found her other sock and put it on her foot.  She then laid back down in bed and I covered her up and she went back to sleep.

0 comments: