Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Soccer clinic

January 8-17

A few days after swimming lessons started I got an email from the soccer league that our kids play in announcing an off-track soccer clinic that they were offering on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the morning.  So I talked to Luke and Kitty about it and asked if they were interested.  Kitty definitely was and Luke was on the fence about it.  I think if he had known someone that was going to participate it he would have jumped at the opportunity.  I decided to sign him up anyways because he is the type of child that would be content to spend his whole time off-track playing video games or computer games and I wanted him to get out and do something physical, especially during these cold winter months.  

So Kitty's class was for an hour in the morning and then Luke's class followed right after that for the next hour.  Kitty really enjoyed herself and Luke didn't care for it so much.  There ended up being only one other boy in his class and then there were 6 girls.  I think he got some good exercise out of it but he did nothing but grumble about it whenever I picked him up from the class!  Thankfully for him there were only 4 classes so it really wasn't that big of a deal.

The classes were offered at our local rec center.  They converted one of their indoor courts into an indoor playing field with artificial turf that looked like grass.  It's a pretty cool court and I think it is fun to play on the smaller field and be able to bounce the ball off of the walls.  Unfortunately I completely forgot to take any pictures of them playing!

0 comments: