Friday, June 14, 2013

Field Trip to the Planetarium

Tuesday, April 23

I think that this is the first field trip that I have been able to go on with Luke (not counting the zoo trips in kindergarten and first grade). The kids went back on-track on Monday and for some reason I had it in my head the whole time they were off-track that the field trip was on the day they went back - and Luke thought the same thing. So I had arranged for my mom to come and watch the girls for me and I got to the school at 9:00 and went back Luke's classroom. I looked in the room and thought it was strange that there were no other parents there and the class didn't appear to be getting ready to leave anytime soon. So I stood outside in the hallway for a few minutes until the morning announcements were over and then I went in and the teacher was at her desk and when I asked about the field trip she said that it was on Tuesday... I felt really silly!! Luke's teacher apologized and was in the process of filling out the info sheets to send home to the parent chaperones. She asked if I could still go on Tuesday and I said probably but I would have to find someone to watch my youngest two kids. (My only consolation with my mistake was that it was better to show up a day early rather than a day late...) So I left the school and called my mom to tell her I was on my way home. My mom was available to watch the kids the next day but DH ended up working from home so he watched the girls instead.

So on Tuesday I went to the planetarium with Luke's class and then afterwards we stopped at Liberty Park to eat lunch. I spent a lot of the field trip talking with the mom of one of Luke's friends. It was a pretty fun day overall.

0 comments: