Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Sunday, May 12

DH was asked to give a talk in church on Mother's Day.  This is the second time since we've been in this ward that he has been asked to talk on Mother's Day.  DH gave a really good talk and spoke some about my/our experience with my cancer.

I was also given a new calling today - the new Beehive advisor - working with the 12 & 13 year old girls.  I served in this calling once before in this ward and was released about 5 1/2 years ago from it - and I have been in primary ever since then.  Things have changed a little since I was last in the calling - the curriculum has changed which will be a bit of an adjustment.  We have about 13 active girls right now in that class so it will definitely keep me busy.  Plus I can go to YW camp with M&M at the end of July if I can work it out!  I had about 2 weeks off from a calling and was only able to go to Relief Society one of those weeks.  The second week I filled in on the piano for the primary - and played for them during Sacrament Meeting today.

0 comments: