Thursday, March 13, 2014

Kid pictures

Last year I quit buying the kids' pictures from the school because we could save quite a bit of money by going to the photo studio at J.C. Penney's instead.  It requires a little more time on my part but it is worth it to me and we have more variety of choices and poses.  I usually do this in the fall of the new school year, but this year I completely spaced it and ended up not getting it done until 2014.  I managed to get all of the kids (with the exception of MJ who just had some done in August) and family pictures in the last 2 weeks of January.  Kay was pretty funny because she knew exactly what she wanted to wear and how she wanted to pose and which props she wanted in the pictures.  She has quite a bit of personality in her.  Towards the end the photographer was asking me if I wanted anything else that she hadn't captured yet and Kay piped up that she wanted the tea party set with the small table and chairs and some teddy bears!  She had actually been scouting out the props a little when we were in for the family pictures!

Luke had a pretty good attitude about getting his pictures done even though he is almost 13!  The photographer enjoyed working with him and afterwards made a collage of pictures that she absolutely loved and asked if I would sign a release so that they could use his pictures in upcoming studio competitions.

We ended up getting some great photos of all of the kids.  I was quite pleased with how they all turned out.  You know it was a good photo session when you have too many good pictures to choose from and it makes for hard decisions!  Definitely better than getting the standard school photos each year!

0 comments: