Friday, March 7, 2014

MJ talk

It's been a little crazy with YW the last few months and we have been leaving the church for different activities which has caused me to have to take the car seats out of the car to fit the YW in there.  Sometimes instead of putting them back right afterwards I will leave them out until I need them again.  Once I was in a hurry to go somewhere so I just let MJ sit in one of the booster seats and buckled her in next to the window in the back row of our minivan.  I didn't realize how much she enjoyed sitting there until I went to buckle her car seat back in its usual place in the middle of the front row of the van and she said, "But I will be sad if I don't have a window!"

MJ was supposed to be in bed one night and she came down and stood at the top of the stairs to the family room.  DH asked her what was the matter and she said that her light was still on in her room and it was supposed to be off. I told her to turn the light off and she said, "I can't because I'm little."

MJ comes into my room one morning saying she needs help getting dressed.  She comes in with her shirt over her pajamas.  I laugh at her for a minute and then help her take the shirt off and she laughs and says, "That was awesome."  Then I tried to take her nightgown off and she says, "No I want to do it myself so you don't see my underwear!"  "But you don't wear underwear," I said.  MJ: "Oh, I mean so you don't see my diaper!"

One day MJ and Kay were not behaving and I was getting more than a little frustrated with them.  At one point MJ came back downstairs to where I was and she said, "I'm sorry Mom, I'm sorry."  She paused for a few seconds like she was thing about what to say she was sorry about and then she said, "I'm sorry for all the things that I did." (with a very sad look on her face)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are some great moments that you have shared. thanks