Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Swimming lessons

January 3-17

The elementary kids were off track for 3 weeks after Christmas & New Years and I had promised Kay that they could take swimming lessons so I got them all signed up.  Unfortunately the times for the different levels were spread out throughout the morning so we ended up having to spend almost 3 hours at the pool every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  It was nice to have something for the kids to do though when it is too cold outside to play.  I usually got in the pool as well so that MJ could swim too.  Every time I sign the kids up for lessons they seem to have changed requirements in the different levels so I am never sure what classes to put my kids in.  Kitty was a little bummed that she didn't pass her level again - even though her level this time around was much harder than it was last year.  I feel like they are improving quite a bit though and I am able to let them roam the pool mostly on their own and not have to watch them every second.  They've also made some changes to the pool that we go to and have added some more slides and play areas for kids.

Kitty learning the front crawl
Blondie working on her backstroke
MJ loved going up and down the stairs but wasn't too crazy about going down any of the slides.
Shooting some hoops

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Gee you seem to have a great pool. I wish we had an indoor pool. My kids can only go swimming in the summer. We have to wear a lot of sunblock and hope that they are in the right class just like you.