Thursday, March 13, 2014

Trick-or-Treating 2013

Thursday, October 31

This year we recycled a lot of costumes which makes it really nice for me (plus I like seeing some of the ones that I have made in years past used again).  The only costume that I bought this year was Blondie's and I happened to find it at a second-hand store.  She wanted to be a cat and after I found this costume she was happy being a leopard.   I found the ears at Wal-mart (I think) and then she had me paint her face.  Blondie's costume also had a cute tail on the back.  Kitty reused a costume that I made M&M a few years ago.  I had to resew on the "M" because it was falling off in a few places and I wanted to make it more secure.  When I originally made it I just attached the "M" with some fusible webbing.  Kay reused a costume that several of the older girls have worn.  This one I bought several years ago for M&M at Kmart.  MJ's costume was also made for M&M back when she was 2 or 3 years old.  I remember M&M throwing a fit about wearing it to our ward Halloween party - and she definitely didn't like the hat!  MJ had me paint some black spots on her cheeks.  Luke wore a costume that he has worn a couple of times.  He went out with a friend trick-or-treating and got a lot of loot in his pillow case.

I took the kids over to a neighbor's house who gives out hot dogs every year on Halloween night.  After that DH took the girls trick-or-treating while I stayed home and gave out candy.  Then DH stayed home with Kay and MJ who had had enough and I took the older two out to a few more streets.  It was very mild weather which always makes trick-or-treating nice!

0 comments: