Monday, February 4, 2008

Bill sent to committee

The midwife amendments bill that has been proposed in the Utah senate has now been sent to the Senate Health and Human Services Committee and is on the agenda for tomorrow morning. Blondie has a ballet class, but I think we will skip it this once and attend the committee meeting. I think the more people we get to show up the better it looks for us - so the legislators sees that this bill will affect many average people who really care. I am composing a letter to my senator right now - who just happens to be the committee chair of this committee. I am told that of the 5 members on the committee, two are definitely in favor of it, two are pretty sure against it and the 5th one we are unsure of (my senator). He told the midwife group 3 years ago that he would vote in favor of the original bill if they needed his vote and then voted against it because we didn't need his vote (it was very close though). I'll let you know how things go tomorrow...

0 comments: