Thursday, February 14, 2008

Kid-friendly recipe

Here is a no-bake cookie recipe that M&M got at school last year. This is something that she can make herself without any help from me. The only problem that she has sometimes are her siblings wanting to help and picking at the batter whenever she turns away... She made a batch of them on Saturday and we were eating them so quickly that I had her make some more on Sunday since my parents & sister M & her fiance R were coming over. They're also great for me because they don't have chocolate - which causes me a lot of heartburn right now...

No Bake Peanut Butter Treats
Makes 4 dozen

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
2 cups (any combination of) raisins, diced dried mixed fruit, miniature marshmallows, shredded coconut, chopped peanuts, chocolate chips or M&Ms

1. In large bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in oats and remaining ingredients.
2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let stand until firm. Store tightly covered.


Our favorite combination so far is 1 cup miniature marshmallows with 1 cup white chocolate chips.

1 comments:

Missy White said...

Emily- Your cookie recipe looks yummy. I'll have to make them; I bet Grandpa would love them!!! Nice way to "treat" your family. Grandma N.