Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Furniture store circus!

Yesterday I went to R.C. Willey, a local furniture store, to look at something we were interested in buying. We went after lunch after Blondie got home from school so I had Blondie, Kitty and Baby K with me. After deciding on a purchase (more on that in a future blog) and having one of the salespeople enter it into the computer, this is the circus that followed:

First I had to go to the cashier window (or so I thought) to get my driver's license updated on our account (they still had my Virginia license down). So I talked to the teller and she sent me to the account window which is where I needed to go in the first place. After getting my account updated, we went back to the cashier's window to make a payment on the purchase I had just made. Then I asked about ordering a part for our kitchen table that broke several months ago (the pulley system for inserting leaves in the table). We had a repairman come out and look at it a couple of months ago but we needed to pay some money up front before they would order the part and with Baby K I just haven't made it to the store to pay for it until now. The cashier sent me back to the account window to see if they could find record of the part that needed to be ordered. They were able to find the service order but I needed to go to the parts window to actually order the part. So we went over to the parts window, it took several minutes for her to find all the info that she needed to be able to order the part and update some account info again. Then she sent me back to the cashier's window so that I could put money down on the part before they would order it!

After all of this was over we had to drive around to the back of the store to the will call department to pick up our purchase. By this time Baby K was more than ready to get home for her nap - poor baby! (This was the same day that she went to the doctor's office and got her shot.) Luckily the other girls were fine for me - when we first got to the store they kept trying out the different couches and chairs that we were walking past - they were all cushiony. Hopefully everything got sorted out with our table and we will get it fixed shortly...

2 comments:

Dan said...

You'd think they could do all of that at one window, or all of that at all three windows! It would triple their productivity (or they could fire two people).

Cheryl said...

I agree Dan! In this economy how about treating customers right? Just a thought.

Sounds like my day every time I try to go shopping: a zoo!