Monday, October 27, 2008

Last games of the season

Last Saturday was the last day of soccer games for the season. Now I will get back some of my time during the week that I have been spending at soccer practices (3 times a week) and games on Saturdays. M&M ended the season by trying out her hand at goalie. She played goalie for one half of the game for the last 2 games and did an amazing job. I'm not sure why she has had the desire to play goalie and it makes me more nervous during the game, but she was surprisingly aggressive and probably the best goalie that has played for her team.

Both Luke's and M&M's teams have been somewhat frustrating to watch. Both teams need to work more on individual skills (dribbling and kicking) as well as team skills (playing positions so they don't bunch up and effective passing). M&M's team played a lot of kick ball instead of actually passing or dribbling the ball and Luke's team started out the season really well but seemed to get worse as the season went on. I'm hoping that in the spring when Baby K is a little bit older that I will be able to help out more at practices.

They are both fun to watch though and I enjoy seeing the kids get better with their ball handling skills.

**Note: Sorry the pictures look so grainy. I think blogger has changed how they upload photos because the quality has gone noticeably downhill in the last few posts I have done. The photos don't look like that on my camera & computer before they are uploaded to blogger. I will see what I can do about it when I get some free time.

1 comments:

Dan said...

Ha! Caught you in a typo! Emily "didn't" an amazing job? Oh I'm pretty sure she "did!"