Friday, September 11, 2009

Busy days are here again!

Well, now that school is fully in the swing of things, so are all of the extra-curricular activities. So here is a look at the activities going on throughout the week:

  • Monday - I am helping out with Luke's class twice a month from 2-3. This is the one day where we don't have anything scheduled after school...

  • Tuesday - M&M has band after school until 4:30, Luke has cub scouts from 4-5, and my cub scout group meets from 7-8.

  • Wednesday - Kitty just started a ballet/tap class which meets from 10:15-11:15. Luke has soccer practice from 5-6 (and I am the coach).

  • Thursday - I am helping out Blondie's class twice a month in the morning. M&M has band followed immediately by soccer practice until 5:45.

  • Friday - Every other Friday M&M has activity days from 2:15-3:15, Blondie just started a tumbling class from 4:30-5:30 and I finally got M&M and Luke signed up for piano lessons which will be at 4:00 and 4:30.

  • Saturday - Soccer games in the morning. Thankfully the latest games this season are at 12:30 so the games don't have to take up the whole day. The downside is that there are a couple of games scheduled at the same time so I go to Luke's game to coach while DH gets to take the rest of the family to M&M's game so I don't have the distraction of having them around.

3 comments:

Dan said...

I was sad to read that the school district we live in in Washington has stopped offering band to 5th graders, one complaint being that it takes them out of classes. I don't know what they have against after school band, like you guys have.

Steph said...

M&M's school just started offering band last year and the unfortunate thing about having it extracurricular is that we have to pay for it. This year it is $85 for a half-year. The orchestra has been going on for a while here and they meet before school twice a week. I'm not sure what the cost is for it, but I know you have to pay for it as well.

Vonae said...

Band is offered here in our area of Washington to our 5th graders during school. I'm not sure how they fit that into their schedule. Orchestra is not offered! Which makes me sad!