Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pasta lover

Baby K is finally getting more teeth so she is able to eat a larger variety of food (she has 4 teeth up top, 3 on the bottom and is cutting her first molars). Usually around dinner time she is starving and ready to eat. Last night was no different, except we couldn't figure out what she wanted to eat. We sat her in the high chair and started putting different foods on her plate, but she kept shaking her head and pointing at the table. We tried cantaloupe, bread with jam, a drink and then some pasta. Apparently none of it was right and she kept whining and pointing. So, my husband offered her my plate and she got excited. The only thing on my plate was the pasta that I was serving for dinner and I had already given her a few pieces. Well, apparently the pieces that I gave her were from the bottom of the dish and didn't have much sauce on it - she wanted pasta pieces with lots of sauce on them. Once we figured it out, she probably ended up eating more of the pasta than any of the other kids. Then this morning I was dishing some of it out into a container for DH to take to work for lunch and she started whining when I put the lid on the container. So I gave her the rest of the pasta for lunch and she wolfed it down again!

0 comments: